- Each person is only allowed one account with which they can access the system.
There will soon be a massive collection of images and multimedia files available on
SailorMoon.org, so the one account rule helps to keep the costs of hosting the site to a
minimum. This is a privately owned system and we reserve the right to delete any member
we find breaking this or any other serious rules.
- To ensure that each user only has one account we require a valid
real name. We don't give your name out and only a few staff members
can see it. We have many users, but we look at every name looking
for fakes. If you are silly enough to try an obviously fake name (like
the name of your favorite anime or manga character) we will lock your
account until you tell us your real name. Please ask your parents
first if you are under 13. If we have reason to suspect you of using
a fake name, we will contact you by email. If you do not respond to
this email within two weeks, your account will be marked for deletion.
- Every now and then we have problems with the system. We've
lost passwords in the past and other such incidents. In these
cases the only thing that saved the users was a valid, working
e-mail address we can send mail to at any time. If we try to send
you e-mail and it bounces we'll delete your membership instantly,
no questions asked.
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act:
All US Citizens under the age of 13 need to have parental
permission before using the site. Since we are not-for-profit the
law doesn't apply to us, but we act like it does, just in case.
Please get parental permission; if you don't, we'll remove your
- The topics in this site are not chats, they are places to communicate
with other members. Sometimes, long periods may pass between each member's
visit to a topic and a message may scroll off before their return. Since
each topic has a limited number of posts it will display it is unacceptable to
post two or more times in a row. You can easily edit or delete your
post if necessary. The only exception to this rule is if the original post
received kudos or if a separate post is necessary for emphasis (ie: a special
or important announcement).
- Cross-posting the same message in multiple topics is considered
to be rude. Cross-posting is when a user posts identical (or almost
identical) posts in multiple topics. Rampant cross-posting causes
unnecessary scrolling in the topics (See the above rule). There are
cases where cross-posting is allowed, but generally such posts should be
approved by one of the webmaster beforehand. If a user continuously
cross-posts, it will be considered to be a disruption in the community
and the user may be punished for their actions.
- Users that are discovered using the topics to post unsolicited sales
or other for-profit information will immediately have their account
deleted and will be reported to their ISP for spamming.
- Signatures are the bits of text and images at the bottom of users'
posts. Signatures are supposed to help you distinguish yourself from
other users by making your posts easy to recognize. However, due
to potential abuse the manner in which signatures can be used
has been greatly limited. Each signature supports only one image,
and that image must be small. The size requirements for images
will be displayed on the signature change preference screen.
- User created topics are not exempt from the Terms of Service and
etiquette guidelines but are allowed to change these rules about
double-posting and such as the owner sees fit.
- Kudos are a system in which users are able to thank or
congratulate other users for help they've given, good work they
have done, funny comments, etc.
- Kudos are not to be traded. If we catch you trading Kudos,
we will suspend your account (detention).
- The survey system allows users to create their own surveys in some
circumstances. User created surveys are not exempt from the Terms
of Service or Etiquette guidelines but may have additional rules as
the owner sees fit.
- Teams are designed to help like-minded people form sub-communities
within the larger community. Inclusive, open, teams are allowed and
encouraged, but small, highly exclusive teams that can be defined as
'clique-ish' are not allowed.
- Users are allowed to create teams. If the creating user chooses
to have their team be exclusive they are free to do so. However, the
exclusionary criteria must not be discriminatory based on race, sexual
preferences or religion/creed.
- Users are able to create news channels to disseminate information
concerning their team/group. These channels are not to be used like
topics. In most cases one or two users should have access
to place new articles in these channels and no more than 2 updates
a day are allowed unless there are circumstances requiring it.
Unlike topics, the items in news channels stay around until the
channel operators decide to remove it. Channels should
be kept clean and free from pointless articles. If an article
is found by the staff to be unnecessary or out of date by an
unacceptable time limit, the owner of the news channel will be asked
to remove the article.
- The link list system allows users to create their own URL link lists
in some circumstances. User created link lists are not exempt from
the Terms of Service or Etiquette guidelines. Links to sites that
the owner of SailorMoon.org finds offensive or otherwise inappropriate will
be removed immediately and the user that added the link will be warned,
suspended or deleted from the system based on the severity
of the offense.
- Schemes allow users to change the appearance of the crescent
- Schemes are a privilege, not a right and will be revoked or
limited if abused.
- To create schemes you must (1) join the scheme makers team, (2)
create a working, unique and all-new scheme, and (3) have the scheme
approved by one of the System Administrators or Webmasters.
- Users are allowed to submit more than one scheme to the system,
but are asked to wait until a scheme is approved before submitting
- Some areas of the site may be offered in languages other than English.
These sections are to be used in their language and not English.
- Any post that is not in the proper language will be considered
off topic and dealt with as such.
The following users have been online in the last 10 minutes:guest
There have been 1 users in the last 10 minutes.